Thursday, July 1, 2010

welcomed visitors



Much like the rest of my stay here in NYC, this past week has been packed full of laughter, unforgettable moments, and good company. Matt arrived on Friday night and we stayed pretty low key, just walking around the East Village and showing him some of my favorite places to go. We started off Saturday by having lunch at Chocolate by the Bald Man. Matt has had to listen to me talk about this place for 4 weeks now, so I was happy that he got to experience it for himself! We then headed to Battery Park, Ground Zero, and Times Square. We figured we would stop in for a drink at ESPN Zone, but were surprised to find locked doors and a notice explaining that ESPN Zone has closed down. As Matt turned around, there was immediately a camera in his face and a reporter asking him questions trying to get a reaction on the matter. I took pictures and laughed. We spent the rest of the day walking through the city, shopping vendors, and enjoying each other's company. Saturday night, I put on my new dress and we went out to The Benjamin for an AMAZING dinner. A few weeks ago, Matt wasn't sure if he was going to be able to come-I AM SO GLAD HE DID! I was so happy that he could see where I live, where I go, where I eat, where I work, and meet all the girls. He left way too soon, but at least he got a taste of what my life has been like here for the past 4 weeks.

Whitney arrived on Sunday morning and we all went to brunch at the Grey Dog's Coffee. I immediately loved it when we walked in the door and they were blasting oldies, oldies are such a good mood. Now add some french toast to those oldies and life just doesn't get much better.

From Monday to Thursday there was some serious girl time going on. It's hard to NOT have girl time when you live with 5 girls, but add an old girlfriend into the mix and it's unstoppable. I would have to say that the best night was Tuesday night, when we headed to McFadden's. We got lucky and found 3 seats at the bar, which we didn't know would soon be right in the middle of all the action. I would go to this place every night just so that I could sing to Spice Girls, Justin Timberlake, LFO, and TLC with the rest of the girls in NYC. It was just one big singalong, until the lights dim and it becomes this Coyote Ugly style place except there are 3 guys up on the bar instead of girls. They proceed to do a choreographed performance and lip-sync to "I'm on a Boat." I realize that any way I try to explain this it's going to sound totally lame-but let me just tell you that it was anything BUT lame, and you should be jealous that you were not there.

NYC Playlist:
Cecelia
December, 1963
I'm on a Boat
Can't Be Tamed
repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment